Friday, February 17, 2012

Birds on the Brain

I totally broke my promise to myself, I downloaded Angry Birds! I swore that I would not waste any braincells on a video game. I know of hundreds of other things that I could spend my time on! I could do the laundry, dishes, sort clothes the kids have grown out of, enter contests online and win something but I did not want to find myself thinking about how to knock the darn monkey off its post. I have only had it for a few weeks but it is really cutting into my sleep time since the first thing my brain goes to when I can't sleep is Angry Birds Rio (I don't care for regular Angry Birds). Hmmm, the first thing my brain goes? A video game? I am usually not a great steward with my time and if you checked my bedroom you might suggest me for Hoarders but I know there are things that deserve my time way more than a game. In The New Living Translation Paul  says, "We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ."2 (Corinthians 10:5) Don't get my wrong, we all need down time, but if your first thought is putting the kids to bed so you can play a game, maybe it is time to start taking our thoughts captive again. I know I will be in making sure I am in charge of my thoughts. "Finally, brothers and sisters, keep your thoughts on whatever is right or deserves praise: things that are true, honorable, fair, pure, acceptable, or commendable." Philippians 4:8 God's Word Translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment