Sunday, January 22, 2012

Holding Hands with the Devil

I know the title is kind odd, but that is just kinda me. I have really been doing some soul searching these past few weeks and it has kind of lead me to this point. If I am not fully committed to serving the Lord everyday and laying my whole life down for Him then I am holding hands with the devil. Not because I want to but the moment that I let go of Christ hand leading my life, the devil swoops in and slowly pulls me away. He whispers to me that the truth I know in my heart might not be what makes me happy. Have you heard that whisper too? That living in the world would be more fulfilling. I want to stop right here and tell you it's NOT! The world is out to steal, kill and destroy. The moment you step away from the light that Christ brings to your life, Satan's smile becomes more cunning and any hold he can find in your life he will take. The longer he holds your hand the harder it is to pry his murderous hands from yours. Take a moment to evaluate where you are and who is holding your hand and helping your lead your life.

2 comments:

  1. And so much like the parable of the Sower: when you've heard the Word, Satan comes immediately to steal the Word from you heart. And those whispers from Satan are like the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. So like it says in James: draw closer to God and He will draw closer to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and blessed by you for being so honest...Thank you for sharing Gods Peace :O)

    ReplyDelete