Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cleaning for my King

I'm going to let you in on a secret, I hate cleaning! I have gotten to the point where I can clean really fast but I tend to take shortcuts. Like when I am feeling really lazy at home, I'll teach Lilly how to clean the table. Graham is also my helper now, too. He likes to push the wet laundry in dryer. This totally makes me smile since I am teaching my kids responsibility and how to be independent. But, back to my unkind feelings for cleaning. I will always put it off and then I rush, I am also a bad procrastinator. Not good character qualities but I am working on them, well, rather the Lord is working on them. I wake up and turn everyday over to the Lord. I know that if I don't do this, my whole day will be ruined. It has happened. Don't get me wrong, even when I turn my day over to Him, everything is not perfect. The kids still fight, the gas tank is still empty and there are still bills to pay, BUT I know I am doing it all to give the Lord glory. One of my favorite Scriptures is 1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV) So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. So, once I took the job cleaning the church (I know right, cleaning!!!) I had to decide that I couldn't be taking shortcuts on taking care of the Lords house. I will let you know that I don't believe Jesus lives in the church but I know that when my church family is all together the Lord is there because in Matthew 18 it tells us that were ever two or more are gathered in My name, I am among them. Lately, I have been trying to turn my house into a gathering place. I am wanting to invite people into my home and love on the like Jesus. So, now I have been trying to clean my house for the King and for His people. I can't take shortcuts anymore. I have to clean in such a way that honors God. Here's another thing that has been pressing on my heart and with school starting you may be feeling it, too! Philippians 2:14(NIV) Do everything without grumbling or arguing. Wow, how many times do I complain about woe is me? I can guarantee it is way to much! So here is my three challenges to you! 1. Clean for your King! Make a effort to do your best in whatever you do where it be scrubbing toilets like me or putting up with the annoying coworker who is always late and gossips. 2 Try to think before you complain. This one will be hard for me since it seems to me I have been complaining a little too much lately! 3. My favorite for last: love on people! Get your hands dirty and show others how the Lord has blessed you and find out how you can be a blessing to them.
So what do you think? Care to take a challenge that could change the way you look at your day?



No comments:

Post a Comment