Monday, August 29, 2011

Oh Solo Me-oh

The first time I heard of this, I am pretty sure I thought there was some crazy people out there trying to steal my fun at summer church camp. I opened up the folder for the week and browsed through all the great activities that would be occupying my time away from home and got stuck at "Oh Solo Me-oh" What in the world was that?! We'll once I asked I wish I hadn't! Oh Solo Me-oh was four hours of our camp time we took our Bible, note pad and pen and ourselves and were quite! We were to spend the time reading God's word, praying and most importantly being quite. Scripture tells that we are to be still. "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10) How hard is that with the TV on, netflix streaming, a iPhone and one hand and a crying baby in the other arm? There are very few moments of my day that are truly quite but when they are, I savor them and then usually want a nap immediately! Psalm 1:2 say, "But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night." How often I forget that I must read the word of my LORD and then be still and listen to what He is saying to my heart. Honestly, I don't remember the last time I have done this. So truthfully I wrote this for me, to remind me that the word of God is just waiting for me to soak it up and them all it to weave it's love and truth into my life if I just allow it. Will you follow me on this adventure of seeking time out during the day when sleep is not calling you and you can really focus on what the LORD is wanting to teach you through His word and have your own Oh Solo Me-oh time?

No comments:

Post a Comment