Monday, September 19, 2011

Lonely in a Crowded Room

Have you ever been there? Most of the time that is me. I just kinda stand there with a smile on my face and look around, trying to figure out if I should walk up and talk to someone or just wait until someone looks interested in talking to me. I am out of place everywhere I go. Even around people that I love and spend most of my time with, I am never fully at ease. I ask myself, why could that be. Sometimes I wonder if it because I am too busy thinking about something else. I always seem to have a few somethings on my mind, such as I hope Little doesn't throw up while we are eating again or I hope no body walks up and tries to talk to Big and send her into one of her crying fits. Something I always think about if cleaning around the house! I always have grand plans on making the house look great, the plans usually don't make it home! I think the main reason I don't feel at home is because, simply I am not. My true home is waiting for me in Heaven. I know that because Jesus is the Lord of my life and I daily surrender to Him. Being a Christian doesn't mean you don't mess up or even that your life will be perfect, being a Christian simply means you want a relationship with the God of the Universe. There are a great many things waiting in Heaven and when I am there I am grateful there will be no more tears and secretly I am excited for no more sneezing and allergies! I heard it described like this once and haven't heard anything better since so this is how I'll go with it: Heaven is like Disney World when you haven only played on a swing in the park. As far as you know, the swing is the best thing you know but Disney World is out there and way better than a swing in the park. Our Earthly swing may seem great today, but there is a place WAY more amazing than you could even dream of!  "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." John 14:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment